Monday, May 4, 2009

American Idol Preview for 5/5/09

Well, I have been lapsing on the American Idol posts, so thought I would shoot one out there.

I have good news and bad news on my prediction this year. First the bad news. My personal favorite, Matt Girard, is out. Even though it was his week last week, songs from the Rat Pack, his song choice was just weak. But Matt will have a future in music, believe me. Now, the good news. If you have followed my blog for sometime, I have originally predicted that Danny Gokey will win American Idol. Guess what? He's still in it.

As much as I think Danny has it to win it, all bets however go to Adam Lambert. His voice, his style is just amazing. Last week, he sung 'Feeling Good' from Muse. Through Idol spoiling, I found out that he chose this song. Now, before that night, I never knew Muse did Feeling Good. Michael Buble was the one that made it famous again some years ago. However, if you take a moment and view this YouTube video of the Muse version, it just gives you shivers. Literally. Seriously. Adam did the song good, especially at the last note, but the Muse version was just better. And for a shocker, he was in the bottom 2! I think this served purpose to a couple of things. 1) It shows that Adam is vulernable. 2) Any song from Buble that was perfomered on Idol meant the kiss of death. Don't worry Danny friends, Adam is gone within 2 weeks. Believe me.

Now, let's set the stage for this week ... Rock & Roll Week. Slash from Guns N' Roses will be the mentor. Daughtry will perform Wednesday night. Here is what I think the remaining 4 should sing:

Danny: I would like him to sing Live's 'Lightning Crashes'. This is a great rock song and I think he would excel with it. Or perhaps just maybe Creed's 'With Arms Wide Open'.

Alison: Who would've knew that this 17 year old would still be in the game. Personally I think she is the one leaving this week. But, I choose Joan Jett's 'I Love Rock & Roll'. When I went to the AI auditions season 7 in Philly, this was the crowd song. And a decent song choice for her.

Kris: This guy knows how to do songs right. This week, I choose either Eagles 'Hotel California' or 311's 'Amber'. Both songs can be done in the acoustic way that Kris has been able to bring each and every week.

and finally ...

Adam: If last week was Matt's ideal week, this is Adam's. Adam is rock and roll. With that said, I choose The Darkness' 'I Believe in a Thing Called Love'. This would be an awesome pick for him. His voice. His poise. He could kick this out of the park. Or maybe as an alternate, perhaps Beck's 'The New Pollution'. Oh yeah.

So that is my picks. Hope I'm right.

-- Matt

No comments: