Sunday, May 3, 2009

Saddness in Dallas

Nature broke loose yesterday in Irving, Texas. And it wasn't pretty.

The Dallas Cowboys were in their practice facility, which is enclosed by a bubble when a microburst took apart the bubble and collapsed the ceiling of the facility. A microburst is also known as straight line winds. Most of this damage is confused with a tornado, but thankfully it wasn't.

Now, comes the sad news. The newspaper 'Fort Worth Star-Telegram' in Fort Worth reports this Sunday night that the Cowboys assistant scout is now PERMANENTLY paralyzed because of the injuries and chaos that happened yesterday. The scout, who is named Rich Behm is only 33 years old and is now paralyzed from the waist down.

I will not sugar coat this sad story, but let me be straight and blunt here. This is a sad story. It's almost shocking that this could happen to a team like this. Yes, I would say the same thing if it was any other team, even the Eagles. Today, I proudly wore my Cowboys cap and old school shirt. They are in my thoughts. And I suggest you do the same.

-- Matt

No comments: