Sunday, July 26, 2009

Philadelphians and Sports: A Deadly & Dangerous Combo

I hate stupidity. Just as much as the other person. But two stories from Philadelphia, at the Sports Complex area has me dumbfounded. I kindly submit these two articles for your inspection:


and


Now, as a Dallas Cowboys fan, devoted to death, it should be no surprise that this will be a biased and slanted opinion. But I think the chain of events that happened yesterday does need to be addressed.

First of all, I would think that during this post 9/11 world, that a ballpark holding over 43,000 people, a laser pointer would be the last thing that you would have with you. Where was the security? Security did go to this idiot's section, but they could not find the laser pointer. They had to actually stop game play because of the idiot's actions. Now, I am not profiling or pointing out people, but it was probably a teenager, doing it on a bet from their peers. You know who you are, and I would hope that you turn yourself in.

Philadelphia fans (of all sports, but most particularly Eagles fans), will cheat and use anything to advance their team. That said, let this be a muted hope for the Eagles fans. If you think you will put a trick like this during the 2 Dallas loss you will encounter this season, you are wrong. We are onto your tricks and your ways.

Philadelphia fans booed Santa Claus once and threw snowballs at him. Who in their right mind would think of that?

Philadelphia fans not only stupid, but they are now going to an event can get you ... killed. As the second article points out, stupid fans who probably had too much to drink beat up on each other, but this time it proved fatal.

Now, I have been to the Sports Complex in Philly about 4 times. Two times for concerts, once for a Flyers game and once for my memorable American Idol auditions back in Season 7.

Something needs to be done, security wise, here to make sure this doesn't happen again. I have called Lincoln Financial Field in Philly numerous times, "the nest of darkness." Never, however did I think the complex that holds this place will become deadly. Now it has.

I will close with this thought ... What is worse ... Stupidity by laser pointer in a professional baseball game ... or getting killed? Damn

-- matt

No comments: