Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cowboys Post: Deja Vu (4th Year runnning)

Well, we lost again, and this time I'm madder than hell.


You know, if things work out, I should be getting my Dallas Cowboys #82 Jason Witten jersey on Monday. I really got a great deal on this authentic jersey from a friend of mine. Know what would really be great to go with that jersey??? A win. But no, even that can't be done.


The Dallas Cowboys lost to the San Diego Chargers, 20-17 today, and in a sense, the season is over. Ware, one of our star players, exited the game with a sprained neck. That and poor coaching, especially at 4th & Goal, made us lose the game.


Yeah, Romo was OK this game, but still, did we win? No. As of now, the Eagles are winning against the Giants. If the Giants win, Cowboys become 7th seed, season over. Eagles win, more boastful talk from a horrible fan base. Cowboys are really damned if we do, and damned if we don't.


Saturday night, we play the unbeatable New Orelans Saints, in New Orleans. Can we beat them? Highly unlikely. You would think with Ware in the hospital, and the way we played that will give us hope. But, me as the eternal realist thinks we might as well just forefit this game.


I love my Cowboys, and been a loyal fan since like age 5. Our season is over.


I really hate December. Why is December so cruel to my team? I think I have a solid reason as to why. ROMO went on vacation to Vegas. Again, partying it up, when his head should be in the game. If it was one year with this theory, I might just ignore it and not publish it. But friends, THIS IS HAPPENING NUMEROUS YEARS. THIS IS MORE THAN A HABIT. 4 years in a row with a unfavorable losing December & January.


This is not what the Cowboys that I know. Now, Monday will come, and the Eagles fan base will roost their feathers and boast at how good they will be. The Giants fans from a popular take out place I go to will say, "Hey, How Bout Dem Cowboys." It will be like a bad nightmare, all over again. And then, that jersey I bought. Yeah, Witten is a solid player and I will wear it with pride. But really, what's the point?? Seriously.


I want Wade Phillips fired now. Bring in Tony Dungy. Hell, bring in Michael Irvin. Bring in someone who wants to have a winning season. Bring in someone who wants to reverse our December curse. Bring in someone who cares and gives a damn about America's team. Because as of now, that spirit is just not there.


Again, I want my Super Bowl dammit. It just won't be this year.

No comments: