Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What Was Old, is Again New ...

It only took about 11 months, but looks like what was old, is new again.


Yesterday evening, President Obama ordered 33,000 more American troops to go to Afghanistan, but there will be a troop pull out by the Summer of 2011.


Mr. President, I this is not what I voted you into office for. Sir, I am sure all of the voters who voted for you too, feel the same feel as well.


Mr. President, we are not the world's police. That is what the U.N. is for. We need our troops to come home. That is what you PROMISED us during the campaign.


However, like all politicians who have power, you went back on your word.


It only took 11 months, but looks like more and more everyday, you are turing into the next President Bush.


I don't blame you tho for this Sir, I blame our former president. I know this was not the decision you wanted to make. I can see the stress of the office for the past 11 months as taken a severe toll on you, as it does every occupant of that fabled and storied job.


Sir, Bush is not president anymore. You are. Again, YOU were the one that promised that we were going to have our troops come home. Are they home? No. Did they get the heroes welcome that they so rightly and honorable deserve? No.


I am not against our military men and women who proudly serve our country. My heart and concerns went out to the families of Fort Hood when that incident happened. My cousin and her husband are currently stationed there. I just feel that after 8 years of war, we are ready for peace.


Mr. President, last time I checked, NONE of the 9/11 hijackers came from Afghanistan. They came from Saudi Arabia. But yet, we still have an involvement in Afghanistan. Why?


Mr. President, we are disappointed. I think you can tell that in my tone of this message. You let your base down.


Sadly, and I think this with truth and with humility, I think President Bush and Cheney are laughing in their secret bunker right now. They may not be in the Oval Office anymore, but the strings are certainly still being pulled.


What is wrong with this picture??

No comments: