Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye ...

... to a great blog.

Happy September all. We made it through the long August month and September has finally arrived. For us football fans (like me), this month could not come soon enough. PSU football starts Saturday and it will be good to see some sports.

Now, don't worry. This blog is not ending, even though I should be updating a lot more than I am. I am trying to write now at least 1 post a week. And the majority of the posts will be opinion pieces. Not just other things I have had here before.

What we are saying goodbye to is one of the best regional blogs that I follow, Philly Skyline, B. Love, the writer of the blog has been on a summer-long hitas. He said that we will have a new look to the blog come Sept. 1st. As I and many others were anxiously awaiting this, he came out with a heart-felt piece of how things changed in his life.

The great American west and travels out there captured his heart and soul. While I do admire him (for exploring America the way it is) and wish him all the best, I'm sure that I am not the only one saddened to hear this. If you never seen his blog, I strongly encourage you to check it out. Even though there will be a few more posts, the whole website will stay and all postings will be archived, including all his amazing photos and skyline pics of Philly.

Even though there are many faults with Philadelphia (mainly #1, the Eagles), this website is one of the best websites on the web, and you will be remorsed not to take a few minutes to check it out.

Finally, as selfish as it is for me to say this, I hope B. Love will reconsider. I wrote to him earlier today via his website, expressing my sadness of his news. I really do hope he that even if he leaves, he finds someone to carry this on. Philly has it's many faults, most it can't help. Hell, they just asked to borrow close to $300 million to help it's budget. It can't afford to lose such a great website.

-- Matt

No comments: