Friday, September 4, 2009

This and That ... 9/4/09

Good Friday morning everyone ...

Just have a few points I want to make for this morning, then you will be on your way and your day.

1) An update on the President Obama speech for school-children slated for Wednesday. I know yesterday I posted a WASHINGTON TIMES link that said the speech was not going on. However, to my approval, it seems as if the speech WILL go on. But, parents are asking schools not to air the speech. They want 'alternative' activities planned. I hope the parents realize that this is for a good cause and not to brainwash their children. Having fear inside of you does NOTHING. It is almost ironic/funny that the fantical/religious right is asking for 'alternative activities', yet they have a hard time accepting people with alternative lifestyles and/or anything that is different than their narrow viewpoint of the world as they see it. Ironic, isn't??

2) I tried out the new JIGSY'S OLD FORGE PIZZA last night along Route 39, Linglestown Road. It is inside the Sports City complex. I really liked their pizza, but the cheese could have been a little better. The pizza itself is unique. Lighter than a scician slice, but more like a french bread pizza type. And it's toasted. If you want something different than every other pizza shop, I suggest you check it out. Also, keep in mind, that when you order, there are onions in the sauce. You can order without, if that is your wish (like me). Also, it's not in slices, but pieces. And the pieces are not small. Definately check it out. Nice place.

3) LABOR DAY WEEKEND is apon us and I hope that you have a great weekend. Nice weather should be with us the entire weekend. Check out Kipona in downtown Harrisburg. Also, HERSHEYPARK will be open this weekend. I might head there on Sunday.

finally ...

This coming Tuesday, I am heading to the AMERICAN IDOL LIVE concert in Reading. If you been a reader of this blog, you will know that I am a BIG American Idol fan and I will have a good concert review of the event Wednesday, right here.

Make it a good day and weekend all. Next post on Tuesday.

-- matt

No comments: