Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tuesday Reading: 9/8/09

Good morning everyone.

1) I want to alert you to a story one of my friends told me about last night. As you know, we are all on the Swine Flu watch this fall and next winter. If things get as bad as the CDC says it will be, we could be in for 50% of the population getting this bug. Well, just like the flu shot, there is the swine flu vaccine. Well, the Daily Mail newspaper from England says that the US Government and the British government are covering up possible downsides to the vaccine. In the article, you will find that people who get the vaccine are 8 times more acceptable in getting Guillian-Barre Syndrome. As a person who had GBS about 7 years ago, I can speak first hand of the horrors of this disorder. I know the chances are low of people getting GBS if they get the vaccine, but I highly suggest everyone NOT TO GET THE VACCINE. If we all follow common sense health care prevention and be pro-active in protection from germs, we will be fine. You do not want to get GBS. Take it from me.

2) I will be on the road later this afternoon as I head with a friend of mine to Reading for the American Idol Live concert. It should be fun. I will have a report on this Wednesday.

3) I was saddened to hear about the news about the San Diego Charger player being arrested for beating up and detaining reality star, Tila Tequila. Any man who beats up a woman in my book is a idiot and a fool. However, the players lawyer says that there is a completely different side of the story. He said that Tila wanted to drink and drive. Now, that is a serious accusation to say, but Tila said that she is allergic to alcohol. Allergic? Child please. Have you ever heard of anyone being allergic to alcohol??? I haven't. I don't buy that. I'm sure that there is more to this story.

and finally ...

4) My car hunt is going well and I should have more details for you later this week. Let's just say what I found is a sweet ride.

-- Matt

No comments: