Saturday, February 28, 2009

Random Thoughts: 2/28/2009

Hi all.

Sorry for not posting much this week. First busy week back at work since my week vacation. So, been busy with that.

1) Well, my Sony Erikson phone died this week. The video display on the phone started acting weird. I couldn't upgrade with my phone until May. Well, I was not going to wait until May to get a new phone. So, I splurged and finally got my iPhone. So far, I am pleasantly pleased with the quality of the phone. Voice/call quality is just amazing. I am deciding to sell my iPod Touch to a good friend of mine and then with my tax refund, I will bascially write off this expense. So, not worried about that.

2) My friend Tony, who had the 'Incredible Dallas Cowboys' blog as branched out to a new blog: Raw Coffee. It is a very nice blog that talks about various and all kinds of topics. Make sure you check it out.

3) Winter weather may not be done with us quite yet. We might get some mix overnight Saturday into the first part of Sunday. Then another event Monday into Tuesday. But hey, wasn't yesterday just beautiful? We need more days into the 60s.

4) It is very nice to see that President Obama is taking a stand and setting a firm timetable on the exit of our troops in Iraq. I also found it quite humorous and fitting that he had to call '43' to let him know what he is doing as well. Sometimes, you just need to call the person who got it wrong, to say that now things are going to be done just right.

5) I find it quite distrubing that our new President has been in office just more than a month and the Republican party is already looking forward to the election in 2012. First, Louisiana Governor, Bobby Jindal gave a Republican responce to President Obama's semi-SOTU, then had had the gull to say these two words, "hurricane Katrina" with a smile on his face. Now, Republican nutjobs are together this weekend for a conference. They will decide what to do then do a poll to project who will be the presidential hopefuls in 2012. How sad. Now, if it was the other way around, do you really think the Democrats would be doing this??? I think not.

6) Philadelphia Eagles fans are in disaray and saddness after numerous media outlets said last night that longtime Eagles player Brian Dawkins is going to the Broncos. An announcement is expected today that he will sign a 2-year deal with the rising Denver Broncos. This story from KYW-TV Philadelphia. And with that, the mass exit of players from the Eagles begin. Mark my words, they will hardly be a team when the new season arrives. All the better for my beloved Cowboys.

7) Sad news to report as Ed McMahon is in the hospital. Looks like he has been there for the past 3 weeks. If you click the link, you will learn that now supposedly he has bone cancer. Not good. He is quite a person. And what a voice.

That is all I have for now. Gotta head out and get my grandmother a gift for her birthday party tomorrow. Then going to the Hershey Bears hockey game later tonight. Well have a great day.

-- Matt

No comments: