Friday, February 20, 2009

T.I. and Maury Povich

What do they have in common?

Easy .... the new MTV reality show, T.I.: Road to Redemption.

In a cliff note sized summary, T.I. was arrested back in 2008 when he asked one of his security men to buy guns for him. Well, the cops came and T.I. was arrested. T.I. was given a plea bargin: Either do 1,000 hours of community service and 1 year in jail, or do 30 years in jail. T.I. chose the first choice. Knowing that T.I. is still screwed, he also enlisted MTV to make a program asking him to help at risk youth at deaths door.

Now, perhaps this is a good thing. And most people will think it will be. But let's be realistic. All T.I. wants is to have positive press time and people time before he goes to the big house.

Sure, I like T.I.'s music and this is nothing against him. But sorry man, you are suffering from the Maury Povich syndrome. "Oh yes, I'll change" ... yeah, "for today". I have only seen one show of T.I.'s new series, so I can only hope I'm wrong.

But sorry, I'm probably right. 5 years from now, I hope when I look back at this post, I'm wrong. But I don't think so.

-- Matt

No comments: