Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cowboys Release Terrell Owens

Rumored for weeks, but yet what I didn't want to see happen, the Dallas Cowboys late last night released WR Terrell Owens, after 3 years with the storied NFL team.

In a personal note, I feel that this is a very bad move for the Dallas Cowboys. Yeah, T.O. was a loud mouth. But you know what? He was passionate about his team. He was passionate about us getting to the Super Bowl next year. And now, at least that will happen without him. He was my favorite player on the team. It is almost like I am in mourning today.

As I mentioned above, this was rumored for weeks. However, I didn't think that Jerry Jones would be so foolish to at least indulge possibly letting such a talent go. Now, T.O. can go anywhere. I really doubt that he would go to Philly, considering the history he has with them. Same with the Giants. My prediction: I think the Oakland Raiders might be interested in him, and perhaps, just perhaps the Washington Redskins.

Finally on this topic before I close, I think that Jerry Jones really needs to explain in depth and without BS why he decided to do this. Reaction this morning from Dallas fans within the big D area has been overwhelming positive and happy over this move. Is there something I'm missing here? Until Jerry explains himself, I have a feeling that he have just shot ourselves in the foot in this. And I also think that we will maybe in the long run regret this decision. I hope I'm wrong.

Take care,
-- Matt

No comments: