Friday, March 20, 2009

The President & the Special Olympics

Talking Point: ABC News article

Ok ... everyone here knows I like the President and everything he has done lately. The President is taking some flack about going to California and going on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Thursday night. I personally don't have a problem with it. But, I do have a problem about the 'Special Olympics' comment.

Obama's haters say that he is much different when the teleprompter is not there. I don't question that. Hell, we just survived 8 years of a brain-dead guy who didn't care about the American people.

But, as a person who not only once attend and participate Special Olympics, I do have some pointed opinions on Obama's Special Olympics comment. Sure, it was innocent. Sure, most would say I am looking at this WAY too much and taking it way too seriously. But I think the Special Olympics should not be mentioned and or teased.

Sure, his PR people apologized. But you know what? Obama should apologize himself. Sorry, this topic is way too touchy for someone one to apologize. Write my name down this morning as a bit disappointed.

-- matt

No comments: