Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Random Thoughts: 3/17/2009

Hi all. Your trusty blogger is back with some things you need to know:

1) Apple Inc., today had a press conference/roundtable discussion informing us on the upcoming iPhone/iPod Touch 3.0 Software Update. This will be a major update for the powerful communication device, with over 100 new features. The major new features include true 'turn by turn GPS directions', a voice recorder, Spotlight search, among other great things. The update will ship this summer. It will be free for iPhone customers, and $9.95 for iPod Touch customers. Can't wait. The best is about to get better.

2) Don't forget that American Idol is tonight. Country music is the theme tonight (major sleep time) and Randy Travis is the mentor. Even though this is not my genra of music, I am planning on live tweeting the event (don't expect any high marks), although I may be a bit behind.

3) Speaking of Twitter, let me invite you again to my Twitter page. I am really getting hooked into this new method of social networking. But Twitter is much more than that. It is becoming the new way news and information is being sent out. I have twitter feeds to TV stations across the US. And the people following me is increasing. If I only had this on my blog. lol.

4) WGAL's 60th Anniversary is tomorrow, and tonight, they are offering a great way to see how TV news is done. Today, starting at 5, they are offereing 2 live video feeds offerring behind the scene access, and a webchat where you can post questions. Tomorrow, they will have a special 1 hour documentary on the history of the station, hosted by NBC's Williard Scott. WGAL is a pioneer in the television industry, and I wish them congratulations on this achievement.

5) Looks like New Line Cinema has given the green light for a 'MacGyver' movie. Oh yeah. The original 24 is going to be on the big screen. Awesomeness.

Happy St. Patty's Day!

-- Matt

No comments: