Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10 Stories ... 1/6/2009

After this post, I am heading to bed. Work drained me out today. And tomorrow seems like more of the same. I start at 7:30AM. With the ice storm coming too, it should be interesting.

Time for this evening's 10:

1: Start off this evening with a interesting new contest that developed. A '7 Natural Wonders' contest has been developed. Story from Yahoo! News.

2: The post of Surgeon General has been meet with less and less work and prestige as it once did. Hopefully now it can mean more. President-Elect Barack Obama today tapped CNN's resident doctor Sanjay Gupta. I personally this this is an excellent pic by a young and brilliant doctor. Details now from KAIT-TV Jonesboro, AR.

3: Some good news for those who use iTunes. In a surprising move, some tracks will go from 99 cents to 69 cents. Also, Apple plans to remove copy protection to most tracks. Story from KMGH-TV Denver, CO.

4: If your'e sick and you need to get better, go to Wegmans. Wegmans, beginning Wednesday is starting to offer free antibotics. One thing about being sick and trying to get better, nothing is better than free. Details from WHP-TV Harrisburg, PA.

5: Rapper and hip hop artist T.I. is about to go to jail soon for weapons charges. in the late part of 2008, he put out a top selling album. But he went to jail today to pay a 'overdue bill' that cost him $8,000. It was for his mother of his 2 children. He called this an 'oversight'. So, T.I., the health and welfare of your children and the lack of you supporting and helping them out ... that is just an 'oversight'? With my travels and past dealings with Georgans, somehow I am not surprised. Give me a break. Story from WXIA-TV Atlanta, GA.

7: Here is an update on the DTV converter coupon program. Looks like funds have run out, and the government says there is no more to give out. However, hundreds of thousands of people are still waiting. Details from KTHV-TV Little Rock, AR.

8: Speculation has been going on wether or not former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush will run for the US Senate in 2010. Well, Jeb spoke out. He will not run. Thank God, the Bush era is coming to an end. Story from WAWS-TV Jacksonville, FL.

9: Talk about being rude ... An Indian airline company has fired overweight employees. They said that they gave time to those employees to lose weight, but they did not. So their jobs were taken away. Story from WIBW-TV Topeka, KS.

10: FOX Television's AMERICAN IDOL starts next week. I can't wait. Great show, and prepare for weekly blog posts on my opinions of the contestants, etc. Keep in mind, I went to American Idol Season 6 auditions in Philly. So, I have a right to keep a voice and everything. Anyway, a few weeks ago, I read that Simon Cowell said that the men have the advantage this year. And looks like the new 4th judge, Kara DioGuardi says the same. Details from KATC-TV Lafayette, LA.

Busy day tomorrow. I'm taking a nap. Have a good evening.

-- Matt

No comments: