Sunday, December 28, 2008

Beat Philly!

Today is D-Day for my Dallas Cowboys ...

Either do .... or die. Never did I think when the NFL schedule was released in the off-season that this game would have any major significance to my team. Well it does.

I've been to Philly plenty of times. I know the city's highways like the back of my hand. And that skyline is so beautiful as well. The historic neighbors are nice, and no trip is complete than a trip to Pat & Geno's. But that is all that my love for Philly goes to.

Of all the major sports teams in Philly, the Phillies and Flyers are the only teams that you can actually respect. The Philadelphia Eagles are the worst team in NFL history, in my opinion. That movie 'Invincible" was the worst sports movie ever made. The Eagles fans are rabid and worst behaved fans in NFL football.

One of my buddies wondered why I would not go to today's game if I was such a huge Dallas Cowboys fan. The reason is simple. Last year, I went to the Dallas Cowboys/Washington Redkins game at Fed Ex Field, Landover, MD. Even though the weather could've been much better, the fans were bitter. I wrapped myself in a Dallas Cowboys blanket I had because of the misty cold weather. "That is the worst blanket I have ever seen!" one Redskins fan said. After the Cowboys lost, people were almost to the brink of trashing my car. With that said, if I went to the Linc, I feel I would be afraid for my personal safety. I most likely would not even make it inside the Linc. So, I will watch the game from the safety of my home.

Eagles are 1 1/2 point favorites. They probably gave that to them because of home field advantage. I feel bad for the Cowboys fans going to the Linc today. Be careful. Be aware of your surroundings. I hope you survive. The Linc will be rabid today with Eagles fans.

But has Terrell Owens wore last week, "I Believe". I Believe, we will win this game. I Believe that we are going to the playoffs. Finally, I Believe we are going to the Super Bowl. Remember what I wrote earlier this week. Sometimes, it takes a humble loss to get your footings straight. Donavon McAwful had that earlier this year. Now we are going to go there and kick major Eagles ass.

The Eagles brought the feathers, Cowboys will bring the tar. It will be quite messy. But the Cowboys will prevail.

-- Matt

No comments: