Saturday, December 27, 2008

Earthquake Shakes SusquValley

A still developing story here ...

A 3.3 magnitude earthquake hit Lancaster County around 12:04AM Saturday. It was felt in many areas here. I personally did not feel it here in West Hanover Twp., Dauphin County. It was felt from Mechanicsburg to Reading and felt as south as Bel Air, MD.

This area surprisingly does get earthquakes. In fact, this was the 3rd significant quake in 3 months. Dillsburg, York County had 2 quakes in October.

Kudos to WGAL who has been on this story since the beginning. After I posted my nightly news blog, I was surprised they had a news ticker about this. They brought Kim Lemmon in for a 1AM news update.

I will have more info on this as it comes in. If you felt the quake, you can email me through this link.

-- Matt

No comments: